Mac "Screen Sharing" using vncviewer and ssh tunnel
problem: Remmina (or similar) fail to connect to Mac over Cisco wireless (or whatever router is the problem), and you are tired of having to physically connect your Mac to make VNC work.
- make sure "Screen Sharing" is on as normal on your Mac
- ssh -L5900:localhost:5900 192.168.X.X
- replace 192.168.X.X with the IP of your Mac
- "Remote Login" is on
- set display to "Scaled" and "1024x768" if your Mac is just an Outlook client now
- vncviewer -encodings 'copyrect tight zrle hextile' localhost:5900